I was surprised to find these chocolate cupcakes listed as a detox dessert. These are gluten free, refined sugar free, grain free and dairy free.
Light and not overly sweet. Coconut cream is what puts them over the top and omg… so yummy. I could not stop eating them. I stood in the kitchen and shamelessly ate three, one right after the other. Not an hour later, my son walked into the kitchen and I watched as he ate three, one right after the other. Wow, we’re so much alike!
Simple, quick and easy to make. More than anything, I love that these are healthy. Coconut flour, raw honey, cocoa and coconut oil are the main ingredients. The cupcake alone is only 150 calories.
Adapted from The Beauty Detox Diet.
- ¼ cup sifted coconut flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- COCONUT CREAM
- 1 400 ml can coconut milk, full fat, refrigerated
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with paper cups.
- For the cupcake: Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, honey and coconut oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Scoop batter and distribute evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Transfer cupcakes to wire rack. Let cool.
- For the coconut cream: Scoop out only the top solid portion of the coconut milk. Save the water on the bottom for another use.
- Combine the solid portion of the coconut milk, honey and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk on high speed until light and fluffy.