How do you get your daily dose of dark leafy greens and fruit in? Throw it in a blender and drink it. I started several days ago and I can honestly say I love it.
This smoothie comes from Kimberley Snyder, a clinical nutritionist and author. Her Glowing Green Smoothie is a favourite among many celebrities.
Simply combine fresh spinach or kale and romaine lettuce in a blender. Add a small apple, pear and banana. What I like is you can mix and match the greens and fruit as you like. Organic is always best.
Here is the data on why this smoothie is big on nutrients.
- Calories: 23 Protein: 2.9g Potassium: 558.0mg Fibre: 2.2g Iron: 2.7mg Calcium: 99.0mg
- vitamin A: 469.0RAE vitamin C: 28.1mg vitamin E: 2.2mg vitamin K: 888.48mcg
- Calories: 50 Protein: 3.3g Potassium: 447.0mg Fibre: 2.4g Iron: 1.7mg Calcium: 135.0mg
- vitamin A: 769.0RAE vitamin C: 120.0mg vitamin E: 1.5mg vitamin K: 1062.10mcg
- Calories: 17 Protein: 1.2g Potassium: 247.0mg Fibre: 2.1g Iron: 1.0mg Calcium: 33.0mg
- vitamin A: 436.0RAE vitamin C: 24.0mg vitamin E: 0.5mg vitamin K: 96.35mcg
Here is the FDA’s recommended daily values.
- 2 cups cold filtered water
- Spinach or Kale, half a bunch
- Romaine lettuce, half a small head
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 small granny smith apple, cored
- 1 small pear, cored
- 1 small banana
- Lemon juice, from ¼ lemon
- cilantro, a small handful
- parsley, a small handful
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend at high speed until smooth.