These cheese and garlic cream biscuits are light, fluffy and delicious. One bowl is all you need to make these super easy gluten-free biscuits.
Perfect for anyone who has celiac disease or is on a low carb diet.
It uses coconut flour, which is simply dried coconut meat. A 1/4 cup serving is only 120 calories, 16 grams of carbs, 4 grams of fat and a whopping 10 grams of fiber.
What’s best about this recipe is there is no kneading or rolling required. Toss all the ingredients into a bowl, mix well, let sit for a few minutes to allow the coconut flour to fully absorb the liquid. Drop heaping spoonfuls onto the baking sheet, bake for 15 minutes and they’re ready.
Make these over the weekend and store in the fridge, in an airtight container, for the week ahead. It stays light and fluffy all week long. Warm them in the toaster oven for a few minutes and they’ll taste like you just baked them.
Add these to your weekly meal prep for a quick grab n’ go. You’ll be glad you did.
Cheese and Garlic Cream Biscuits
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon baking powder gluten-free
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- pinch sea salt
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup full fat cream
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together coconut flour, arrowroot, baking powder, garlic powder (if desired) and sea salt in a bowl.
- Mix together egg and cream, in a separate bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Mix in shredded cheddar cheese and let sit for a few minutes. It's rather runny at first but it will soon thicken up nicely. Allow the coconut flour to fully absorb the liquid.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.