I was pleasantly surprised to find these chocolate cupcakes listed as a detox dessert. These are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, grain free and dairy free.
Light and not overly sweet. Coconut cream is what puts them over the top and omg… so yummy.
I could not stop eating them. I stood in the kitchen and shamelessly ate three, one right after the other. Not an hour later, my son walked into the kitchen and I watched as he ate three, one right after the other. We’re so much alike!
Simple, quick and easy to make. More than anything, I love that these are healthy. Coconut flour, raw honey, cocoa, and coconut oil are the main ingredients. The cupcake alone is only 150 calories.
And just for fun, I drizzled warm honey on top. 🙂
Adapted from The Beauty Detox Diet.
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH COCONUT CREAM
- ¼ cup sifted coconut flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 400 ml can coconut milk full fat, refrigerated
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with paper cups.
- For the cupcake: Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, honey and coconut oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Scoop batter and distribute evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack. Let cool.
For the coconut cream
- Scoop out only the top solid portion of the coconut milk. Save the water on the bottom for another use.
- Combine the solid portion of the coconut milk, honey and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk on high speed until light and fluffy.