Fluffy, moist and bursting with flavor. These Healthy Lemon Blueberry Muffins are gluten-free and sugar-free. One of my favorite muffins so far.
I love adding almond flour to my baking. It’s a healthier gluten-free alternative to wheat flour. Made from ground almonds, it’s high in protein and low in carbs.
To replace white granulated sugar, I used erythritol, a sugar alcohol. Erythritol is extremely low in calories, 0.24 calories per gram compared to table sugar which has 4 calories per gram. It has a glycemic index of 0. So it will not raise your blood sugar.
You might think to add heavy cream isn’t healthy, but it is. Eating fat doesn’t make you fat. Full-fat dairy is rich in nutrients and supports a healthy heart. Check out this article on Healthline.
Putting all the health benefits aside, just the taste alone is enough. You just gotta try it!
These lemon blueberry muffins are truly healthy, super quick and easy to make. It stores well and stays moist and fluffy for up to a week in the fridge. Make it on Sunday and have it for a quick breakfast all week long.
Healthy Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 1 teaspoon baking powder gluten-free
- Zest from one lemon organic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream organic or grass-fed
- 2 large eggs free range
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup wild blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add baking cups to muffin tins.
- Combine almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, sea salt and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, blend together heavy cream, eggs and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Scoop batter into baking cups.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touching the muffin top.