Chicken quesadillas are one of my favourite go-to meals. It requires zero thinking and are super quick for dinners on the run.
Cooked rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store or leftover chicken from the night before can be used here.
Start by sautéing sliced onions and coloured bell peppers in a large skillet for 3-4 minutes. What I love about this recipe is you can add any veggies you like. Mushrooms, zucchini or tomatoes would be really good too.
On the bottom of a flour tortilla, add a layer of cheese. Add chicken, sautéd onions and peppers and cilantro. Top it off with another layer of cheese.
Cook in a large skillet until cheese starts to melt and tortilla is crispy and golden brown. Flip it over and cook until crispy and golden. The cheese should be completely melted. Transfer to a cutting board.
Slice into wedges using a pizza cutter and serve with sour cream and salsa. Delicious!
- 1 cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 red, yellow and green bell pepper, several slices
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, coarsely chopped
- hot sauce, optional
- sour cream, for serving
- salsa, for serving
- Heat a lightly oiled medium non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Add onions and bell peppers. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Lightly oil and lay a flour tortilla in another large skillet.
- Add the first layer by sprinkling cheddar cheese on the bottom tortilla.
- Add chicken, onions, peppers and cilantro.
- Add a few dashes of hot sauce, if desired.
- Top it off with a little more cheese.
- Place the second flour tortilla on top.
- Cook until the bottom is crispy and golden brown.
- Flip to the other side. Cook until crispy and golden. The cheese should be melted and gooey.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut into wedges using a pizza cutter.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.